From Moo to You Video
This 26-minute program from the Gee Whiz in Agriculture series explores a dairy food processing plant that makes many of our favorite foods, such as cheese, butter, and ice cream. Why "milk does a body good" and why it's considered nature's most perfect food are emphasized. A direct comparison of the nutrient values of milk and soft drinks are made, along with other nutritional considerations. This video can be purchased on DVD or accessed on YouTube.
University of Kentucky
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Whipping Butter into Shape
- Blue's the Clue: Souring Milk for Science (Grades 6-8)
- The Ultimate Efficient Recycler
- It's a MOO-stery! (Grades 3-5)
- A Day Without Dairy
- Cowabunga! All About Dairy Breeds
- Sun, to Moo, to You!
- Energy's Journey from Farm to You
- Survival of the Fittest: Comparing the Needs of Humans and Cows